Sunday 5 November 2017

Virgin Media : Poor Internet Speed

I'm continuing to have my issues with Virgin Media, let me explain.  Last month I came to them asking to remove the superfluous junk offering items, as I was simply paying more for items I didn't use, want nor need.

They could not help, in fact they flat refused to, so I cancelled 66% of my services off completely, TV, Phone all gone and never ever to return - well done them...

The next item was the 200mbit broadband I was paying for, below is a historic speed test I carried out a lot, as you can see I never, ever, got near 200Mbit, but I always got over 50Mbit...


Being quite a logical person therefore, and based on this evidence, this proof I had for myself, I downgraded the internet from the Vivid200 to Vivid50, i.e. 50mbit... Yeah, save money, it can do 50 mbit easy, right... Right... RIGHT?.....

WRONG.

This is tonight's speed test...


Last night it was slower than that, I had a download speed of 1.22mbit, and upload of 620K.

Yeah, rocking the 1990's internet speed.

And I'm utterly sick of it, I'm sick of paying for a service I never ever get.  It may have been optimistic, maybe even naive to think having seen 50mbit when paying for 200, I would get 50 when paying for 50, but clearly something has gone astray here.

Clearly, Virgin Media are up to some shenanigans, be that throttling, load balancing, whatever term they want to give it, or even what ever they want to say in denial, but I'm observing this poor speed, I'm enduring this poor service, and I'm utterly and totally frustrated with the script (I would say expert system, but it's clearly a script) the people in the call centers follow.

This is NOT my equipment, this is not my network, this is their external speed, this is from their superhub 2 and outwards, NOT the internal side of that connection.

That is a test through the newer version of Ookla (the site at the top) as you can see the speed is even worse twenty minutes on - BTW, note to Virgin Media, your own engineers use this site to do a test upon installation.


And here's the speed an hour after my original post... this is now 21:32 on a Sunday evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment