Sunday 8 June 2014

WarThunder - Douche Bags, Frame Drops and Realistic Battles

The new graphics card has arrived, so expect some game-play footage of my Realistic battles from WarThunder very soon....

Last night I actually played a few battled in WarThunder, I found a few bugs too, especially in the OpenGL Renderer.  Before I install the new card tonight I'm going to take my old settings & DxDiag info to send off to Gaijin, then install the new card and see if the same graphical bugs show up.

The reason being that the OpenGL hardware implementation on the the old cards was 2.2 and 3.2 respectively, and both showed the problems, and the new OpenGL implementation is 4.2 (maybe higher if I patch it).

Anyway, I played a good 5 realistic air battled, unlocked the P47D and flew it out... You know what its a decent aircraft, what I immediately noticed was the stock ammo load out sets aircraft on fire fast... The mission contained a set of 3 spotter AI, I took 2 of them down with high deflection shots, setting them on fire.

I then swooped down on two AI HE111's and a player 109, the player I tore up and both AI Bombers too... Over the enemy airfield I then got shot down by AAA.

The next flight out, I met perhaps the biggest douche ever in WarThunder.  He was in a Beaufighter, I'm in my P47... And he's after ground kills, I figured he had rockets and could knock out the pillboxes... No....

No he was just farming the ground targets, so when I saw him break and destroy a couple but take AAA fire, I dove into the mix and shot up a couple of AAA emplacements... Next thing I know he crosses my tail and shoots me with his MG's...

I wondered for a moment whether this was a mistake...

Then messaged... "The word you're looking for is "Sorry", you dick head"...

His reply... "no"...

No he wasn't sorry, he shot me for shooting "his" ground targets... So he was not contributing to the battle, he was just farming credits & XP... The mission was not won by killing the ground targets, indeed, I won the mission killing the last player and last AI air target, as well as emptying my guns into the AI spotted plane mission objective... 

And I was on my way back to the airfield, still with the only battle damage from that moron, when the ticker ran dry.

What annoyed me though was this douche got rewarded for being a douche, he got anti-mech, and "mission maker"... so he got 18 ground kills, but got them through duplicity and aggression towards friendly aircraft.  It stank to high heaven.

I reported the moron, and when I have the new card installed I may fire up and record the replay for my retard videos on YouTube...

This guy left a sour taste in my mouth, so I switched to playing a ground battle, going into a mixed air and ground battle with the Germans... GOD THE LAG!... The ground forces played okay on this same machine with the same settings, but adding the air and ground I got at most 10FPS, and red indications all the time on the frame rate.

Clearly, my rig can't play combined arms fights, so I need this upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment