Sunday 9 March 2014

Fuck Blizzard Game Design & World of Warcraft

Yes, you heard me, it is decided I'm never going back to that game... Not because of the cost, not because of the shit game mechanics, not even because of the seemingly cast amount of brain cells they've pulled out of the base requirements to play the game... No, I'm not going back now because of one very specific reason...

My beloved hunter class, my PVP, solo, questing finest... No longer has melee weapons... I played a nightelf hunter, twice over.  I was a PVP demon with them, and I loved them... Can't play like that anymore, no more swords....

I just rolled a Dwarf hunter on the Standard Edition (Free to play) and was like.. "Where's my little starter axe"... opening the character sheet... Hmm, where's my main hand weapon slot?

Now, I could deal with them removing the quiver, it annoyed me I had to use a bag slot for it, I can handle them removing the arrows/ammunition requirement too... It was brain dead, getting ammo is a basic thing, though I did see long running raids Hunters did run out of ammo - if they were not ready for it - i.e. Engineer with a post box, mail yourself a load of extra ammo before raiding, when you've done a few bosses pop a postbox and replenish... simple, easy, but because some forethought is required, it seems Blizzard have dropped this totally.

But why drop the melee weapons?.....

I've checked forums and checked the patch notes, they went in 2012, and there seems to then be a slew of Human hunters... *cough*.. Human hunters, jesus, so they're new to the class and they go on and on with piss and vinegar about "No hunter should use melee"... "Melee Hunter = Bad Hunter".

Really?  Cus I used to own, I was a demon, and I loved being able to run and slash and move... Okay, remove the minimum range for a hunter, fine, but don't remove the weapons.

Fire a gun at point blank range you're as likely to be hurt as the target...

And to whomever came up with this change at Blizzard... "You're a fucking retard"... Seriously... Der...


No comments:

Post a Comment