Wednesday 4 December 2013

WarThunder - Ranks to Tiers in Next Patch

Out with the ranks and in with the tiers... This seems to me to be going under the radar, or maybe its the elephant in the room....

But Gaijin are changing the progression system in WarThunder, from being Ranks, where by I'm like Rank 12 over all, but Rank 9 in the British... Rank 5 in the Americans... etc.... and the Rank in the individual airforces gives me access to certain planes...

Now the system will be to research fully the previous plane and then go up a plane, and the plans are divided by tier, so there maybe two planes to get through at tier 1 to get into tier 2.

Of course I've seen how quickly you can outstrip your crew skills to fly too high a rank aircraft and get your ass handed to you....

But, this new system is not being mentioned anywhere...

We can see it already in the test server.. and others have covered that better then I...

But even on the live server we can see the start of this system in the unlocks of equipment for each plane, you can see on the left as you unlock the rows, each row is a tier of gear.... Well now each tech tree row will be split by tier.


Now the top current rank is 20.  But it appears the top tier is V... that's a lot of compression put onto the planes...

However, over all I'm going to accept this with welcome, because I think I'm one of those players who has out expanded crew skill and equipment unlocks with my rank... making my game play poor.

This new system will make me rethink, and revisit, things.

No comments:

Post a Comment