Monday 21 October 2013

Meeting Mincraft

The last 72 hours have been really busy, so I've not done a lot.  But I have been looking at Minecraft, I've had the game for a while, but never really paid much attention to it.

But, I've started to play, on the proviso if I die... I die, start a new world.  Apparently, and unbeknownst to me, this is Hardcore mode - there's also an ultra hardcore where your health can only regen with a golden apple - but for now I'm not going that far.

I have a couple of successful projects in my Minecraft world, first is a deep branch mine, with a landing pool so I can just leap into it.  The second is a whole underground abandoned mineshaft I found, its actually two mines and one cave system all tangled up, so its huge, and I'm clearing it out and lighting it up... 64 diamonds and like 8 full stacks of iron bars, plus hundreds of other items and I'm happy.

I also got a damn good enchant on a diamond pick...


My next task is going to be to level a snowy island area and then connect it to the original start point I had - where I have cows, pigs & crops growing.

And one other thing, lots of people seem to say "start your branch mining above the bed rock" that's good, but you can get diamonds right down mixed in with the bedrock, so my branch mine has two layers so far, from bedrock I dig all out and fill in with cobble, giving a zero (0) layer, and up to 3 dug out, then a floor above and I dig the next layer up, from 4 to 7.

Here's prof you get diamonds in the bedrock areas... and I have about 25% of my collected diamonds at that layer, so its not to be sniffed at.


2 comments:

  1. go to my blog its http://minecraft2751.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went on over, and I have to build me a house a top my Bond villain island.

      Delete