Friday 7 September 2012

Insurance

Insurance companies are free loading con artists, this is an informed and opinionated situation I have come to understand in the most dastardly fashion.  Last year an idiot sped up behind me and lost it, there was no damage to my vehicle and I was not particularly bothered, the woman however was irate, her kids were screaming she was going on and on about being late for a train and she started to take pictures of my car on her smart phone.

So I went to write down her number plate and she screamed at me, tore up the little scrat of paper I had her plate on and she left the scene....

This meant I had a mental woman with my details... And I had nothing....

So, like the good boy I am, I phoned my insurer and let them know... that this was NOT a claim, and I DO NOT WANT TO CLAIM... But this mad woman has my details and is irate... I duly was told by the operator that "no this is not a claim, don't worry, it won't affect your situation"... yadda yadda.

I paid as much mind to this as to fluff under my bed, it was not important, there was no damage, just an irate woman screaming at me... when she was at fault....

Anyway, today I got a renewal quote for my insurance... £917.... WHAT THE FUCK!  I've never ever paid more than £300... ever... And I have (in my youth) actually crashed cars twice.  So to have as far as I'm aware got 14 years no claims and am not paying £917...

I phone the insurer and yes this incident with this irate woman is only down as an actual incident.  I pursued no claim, I never phoned the insurer with the intention of making a claim, I just didn't want her phoning her insurer and claiming I've damaged her car, or calling the police (as she was screaming about) and saying god knows what.

So, I let my insurer know... And you know what they've done?... Added £750 to my quote and cancelled my no claims bonus... I am currently going mental at them... They're going to listen to my original phone call in, and we'll see what they say, but I can't listen to that recording (of my own voice) because "there's a procedure and you have to pay £10"... I'll not mention the insurer in question, but right of now, I've spoken to one nice lad who put me through to a really supercilious sounding lass, a lass who is going to listen to this recording "with my manager".

They're intent on getting my money, and I'm intent on not letting them... This lot have got a lot of work to suck up to me to get my custom back.

No comments:

Post a Comment