Tuesday 7 August 2012

My Weekend Planning


This weekend I have a busy old schedule for myself, beyond Friday the wife and I want to, paint the middle living room (three shades on five walls no less - paint by numbers anyone?), I want to sort all my computer kit from the back cupboard and I want to find some time to fix up my friends PC and sort out my fathers, which is blowing through kettle leads each time he shuts down....

All this is going to be a huge burden... So, here I am on Tuesday, planning for Friday evening... In my head at least, because as we all know no plan survives first contact with the enemy.

My first task computing wise is to just check if VMWare player (4.0.4 I think) runs on Ubuntu 12.04, it wasn't last time I checked... My reason for this?... My main desktop machine is running a dual boot vista & Ubuntu 10.04... That distro is now well out of date, so I want to upgrade... 

This upgrade of the desktop will then be echod on my laptop... And on my friends PC... Its going to be three installs of Ubuntu for me....

Painting, will have to be Saturday... perhaps with some code Saturday evening.

This leaves Sunday, for probably more painting... and... sorting the cupboard... and cleaning the study/computer room out.... Not a task one would relish...

No comments:

Post a Comment