Saturday 9 June 2012

Eve PVP - No-one Engages

As you all know, I'm a big fan of the style of PVP in World of Warcraft.  Not the outcome of that PVP, as I'm alliance and played on two servers where alliance couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag, but that you can queue up and dive into things.

In Eve however, you have to look for trouble, be surprised by trouble, or simply not get into trouble, to have PVP arrive.  I have spent about 65% of my time (over the last three hours) tempting people into trying to fight me... They see right through this and refuse, they're not dumb... But, then they're trying to chose the battlefield, and there seems little leverage to make them fight me, unless they want to...

And it seems, even -10.0 rated pirates don't want to fight me...


I had my armageddon out, I checked out a local 0.4 sec pipe and went for a jolly, first I checked there were pilots there, and indeed their were... a couple of dil-holes with "We are Angry Fuckers" style corps, and a few miner style players who were not out mining... presumably because of the first lot of 'tards.

Anyway, I loiter around, I move between several low-sec systems and no-one challenges me... I even sit slow boating, as if I'm on autopilot... No-one comes to even take a look... I know this because I could see them on my scanner, not coming to look, they were just "looking" with their scanners... which means they weren't cloaked and already looking, nor were they off changing ship to challenge me.

So, driving up and down, down and up, that's what I've done... waggling my eye lashes, and looking, for all the world like a pointless target, I even shot some belt rats with only one gun, to make me look like I was struggling... hoping to have them engage...

But, they didn't...

This has always been the way with Eve for me, either you are out trying to earn a living, not looking for trouble, and trouble appears... Or... No trouble comes your way, when you're looking.

Point of fact, I went to the system in question because I had a really good fight there once, I was returning from a mission and three guys jumped me, and I tanked and killed a couple (chasing one off) in a mission fit battlecruiser... It was a good fight, and I decided that day to park one or two PVP fits in the region... But all to no avail...

I'm beginning to wonder if I should just go join the Red Vs Blue thing and call is quits on roaming PVP in Eve... I mean, I'm no Garmon, or Kil2, but if people won't engage... What is a pilot to do?

2 comments:

  1. You wanna be in my gang,

    My gang, my gang,

    You wanna be in my gang,

    Oh yeah...

    I promise you battles in null sec...

    No surrender - surrender is for pussies...

    Aseus

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've come to my blog and quoted Gary Glitter... Erg... That's just wrong man :p

    ReplyDelete