Friday 12 November 2010

The Good, The Bad and the Intel...

Just a quick new post, first of all, the good... I've had a stinking cold for like a week, and it has kept me up all night, but finally after forcing myself to stay in bed and doing a lot of Vitamin-C I feel better.

The Bad... My main PC has died, it is no more... my prior post about patching out the broken piece of memory was just holding off the inevitable, and it burned out the motherboard.

This leads me to the Intel, I've just placed an order for a new Core i7 - 950 chip, a nice Asus motherboard and 12GB of DDR3 from Corsair.

The bad news is between now and then I'm using my old P4 (which is still a nice P4 HT 3 ghz).

1 comment:

  1. No Xel, the bad news is, that motherboard just croaked, just over two years and dead... puft gone... it has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible:
    See this latest post from January 2013

    ReplyDelete