Wednesday 16 June 2010

Nintendo 3DS

I've seen a few of the articles comming out of Nintendo about the new "3DS" hand held, however, I've waited with baited breath for what anyone at E3 (which started yesterday) has to say about it... the first informed voice amongst the crowd to shout up is the venerable Jeff Green, here's an exert from his blog over at EA.com about the 3DS.

So today was the first day of the actual show itself, and Samantha and I did what any self-respecting gamer would do at the start of this show: We beelined to the Nintendo booth to check out the Nintendo 3DS. And even though we got to the line before the show was officially open, thanks to our nifty Exhibitor badges, we still had to wait 2 hours in line before getting our grubby paws on the new handheld. I've already tweeted my instant infatuation with the device, but if you missed it, to sum up: It was freakin' amazing. And I'm saying this as mostly a 3D naysayer and skeptic. I see 3D movies as a fad that need to die sooner rather than later, and I have no interest--none-in a 3D television set. So I was not predisposed to like Nintendo's new device. But, quite simply, it blew me away. Mostly, I think, because it doesn't require glasses at all, which makes it some kind of MAGIC FAERIE DEVICE with technology I couldn't begin to understand. Also, the depth of field and clarity of the screen just really made a difference with the gameplay---it actually looked like you were playing in a 3D space, rather than just having things tacked on to the "front" of the image. I could go on and on about it, and probably will some other day, but for now I can tell you that I walked in skeptical, but
walked out knowing that I was going to buy this DAY FREAKIN' ONE


So, sounds like a smash hit... you can catch the rest of this blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment