Sunday 13 June 2010

Deus Ex

I've been having a little look around the net today, and stumbled over this advert for a game franchise name I know well, Deus Ex.

I loved the original game, it pushed so many bounds at the time it was great, but it was also ome of those fabled titles which aged very quickly, the original title being born out of the height of the Voodoo class graphics chip era, and dying down within about six months.

But, at the time, I loved it, I remember even throwing a four day sicky from work to play it.... yes, I was that irresponsible back then, but I was a young & foolish lad.

Anyway, I saw the new title and took a look, the CGI in the promo is impressive, I saw some mythology reference to Icarus and the city scape game me a real Bladerunner feel.

I was also surprised to see the Eidos name being used, albeit by the Montreal studio, not the UK one. I'm sure this title will hit the consoles before the PC, but I'll certainly be keeping my eye out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment